Monday, September 1, 2014

Pour Some Sugar On Me!

Happy Labor Day everyone! I'm pretty sure Labor Day is just a day for us to have off work so we can do labor around the house. We got a lot done today. Carpets shampooed, groceries bought, apartment cleaned, laundry done, sweets made. That's right. Sweets have been made.

I have had an incurable sweet tooth lately. (No, I'm not pregnant, so don't even ask.) I just love me some sweets. And, since I picked up my wedding dress this weekend (!) I need to crack down on not eating so much crap. So while perusing Pinterest, I stumbled upon this recipe for Peanut Butter Balls. Sometimes a girl just needs some peanut butter and chocolate.

 Here is the recipe:
1 Cup Kellogs Cracklin' Oats Bran Cereal
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
Chocolate Chips to Drizzle

-Crumble cereal in food processor and mix with peanut butter. Roll in to ball and place on lined cookie sheet and place in freezer for a bit. Melt your chocolate chips in a ziploc bag, snip off a corner and drizzle over the balls (hah!).

I doubled the recipe and used my small Pampered Chef cookie scoop and got 22 balls(:p).

Pretty Simple Huh?
I did make one substitution to save some calories. I used PB2 instead of normal peanut butter.

Powdered Peanut Butter. Just add water. Pretty genius and healthy.
Ok. The cereal. I had never heard of this cereal before. Looks like cat food and kind of gross right? WRONG! This stuff is delicious! It's like cinnamon-y granola-ish delicious cereal. I just pulsed it in my food processor a few times.
Looks gross. Tastes awesome.
I combined the cereal and PB2, rolled them, and popped them in the freezer for a bit before I drizzled them.
Are you hungry yet?

Delicious, chewy, balls.
Ok, ball jokes aside, these things are awesome and easy to make. I'm storing mine in the freezer because let's be real, who doesn't love frozen peanut butter and chocolate. I think next time I might add some oats just to stretch it a little farther and make more. The best part about these though, three of these bad boys are just under 100 calories and there is tons of fiber so you're not still hungry afterwards. The perfect little dessert.

Do you guys have any simple, sin-free, go-to dessert recipes? This one will definitely be added into my favorites. If you try it out, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. TOTALLY making these! I have never even heard of this cereal and I can see Kellogg's right outside my window right now. I'm so ashamed. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you guys have to say! Please leave a comment!